For Jonathan’s 32nd birthday this year I wanted to try and do something fun and different. A friend of mine who owns the blog Brunch On Sunday recently posted about her weekend escape to a tiny home. The company that does them is called Getaway house where you can escape from cities across the country like Boston, Washington, D.C., New York City, Atlanta, and Los Angeles. I thought this would be a super fun and different thing for us to do for Jonathan’s birthday, so I called my best friend Bri, and we surprised our hubbys with a night away! I wanted to vlog the experience so check it out below! It happens to be a pretty funny one…
A few people DMed me on Instagram and asked some questions so I thought I would leave you guys with a bit more information about our stay. Of course you can find out all the info on their website, which I linked above, but here’s my own personal take on it.
- How much was it?
- It depends on which night of the week you stay (and may also differ from state to state) but for us it was about $180 for the one night – we used Mackenzie’s discount code to save us some $!
- Does it sleep more than 2 people?
- You have the option for either a tiny home that sleeps 2 people or 4 people. We chose the 4 since it was two couples!
- Are dogs allowed?
- Yes dogs are allowed for a small fee. We didn’t bring our boys because my friend Bri is allergic to dogs and plus 4 people and 2 dogs in a tiny home sounded like a bit much to us lol
- How far away is it?
- It depends which major city you are “escaping” from. For us it took us about 1.5 hours to get there. They don’t tell you the exact location (and I’m not going to either! haha) until a few days before your stay. They also send you the name of the tiny home you’re staying in along with the code the day you are to check in. Check in is at 3pm and check out is at 11am.
- Is there a TV or Wifi?
- No! That is part of the experience. There is no TV and no wifi. However each home has a landline for emergencies. I was also able to get cellphone service but I think it just depends on your provider. I have Verizon and my service was fine but I tried not to use my phone too much anyway.
- Would you do it again?
- Absolutely! We had such a fun time and I really want to go back in the summer time. I’m not sure how fun it would be for more than like 2 nights tops as I feel like personally I would get a little bored but for just a night or two and with some friends (or just a S.O. for a little more romantic setting) it’s definitely something I would recommend to people. Also, if you do drink, bring plenty of booze! Lol. There wasn’t much in the town but we weren’t far from a Cumberland Farms and a pizza place so that was a plus. Regardless, it was a really fun and different thing to do for Jonathan’s birthday, we had a good night chatting, drinking, and playing games. 10/10 WOULD RECOMMEND!